Thursday, June 30, 2005

Sometimes I forget.....

Just how lucky I really am! Recently I was disappointed that a position that I was hoping for didn't materialize. Even though I was reassured by all involved that my qualifications were more than sufficient, and that the timing of the whole thing just wasn't currently right.... well, I just wasn't HAPPY <LOL>

Anyway, I was downloading the pictures I had taken this last month off of my memory card and looking thru them, I was reminded that I am very fortunate that, even though I personally am not currently working with these animals, I am blessed with friends (and a loved one --love you G.!) who are. AND that these same people are more than willing to allow me more access to these beautiful animals than most people ever have.

Over the next few days I would like to share some of these pictures with you.....

Preview
This first picture is of some
Watusi... I just like saying that... Watusi.. Watusi... Watusi <LOL> This was a cool shot just because of the way they are all lined up. These guys are currently awaiting their debut. They will be joining the other animals on display shortly.

In Africa, the cattle herds traditionaly played an important role in tribal life. The herds provided a form of barter, trade and a sign of wealth within the tribe. They have been known as 'The cattle of Kings'. I just think they are cool looking :p

Sometimes we focus on the things that aren't going just the way we would like in our lives and forget to savor the things that are special. And sharing special things just make them more special! Hope you enjoy one of my special things!

The picture in this entry was taken by me... the only 'enhancements' were cropping and the addition of a frame.. also created by me... I need to get me one of those cool 'by me' graphics to add to my pics <LOL>

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOO jealous!

Anonymous said...

I'm #1! Ok before you delete that, thinking I am slow, I just mean that for probably the first time EVER, I'm the number one commenter on your entry. I knew putting you on my alerts would prove useful!

Thank goodness you're back!

Watusi! Heheh, cute.

Ari

Anonymous said...

Cool Photo ... very cool!
       *** Coy ***

Anonymous said...

Great shot of the Watusi! You are lucky to have friends who allow you access to the animals you love being around.  The job you wanted didn't work out this time, but who knows what the future has in store?  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Dang girl --- I was just about to email you about your lack of entries!  But that picture is so beautiful.  I forgive.  (I'm a Democrat on Oxycontin afterall).  LOL
I am totally not up to the badge challenges anymore so please don't brag about how fast you nab them all!!!   xo, Russ

Anonymous said...

Way cool picture! (Wow, did I age myself or what with that?)  We all forget sometimes how blessed and fortunate we are....but then a lightbulb turns on and we get back on the path....Loved that picture.  You are right, the way they are line up is pretty cool.  

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot! My fav word to say over and over is Bubba.........bubba bubba bubba! Always makes me giggle!  I keep hearing Whoppi Goldberg's Voice now from the movie Lion King saying MUFASA MUFASA MUFASA now lmaoooooooo!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get the position, maybe it  means something better is waiting in the wings for you!  Love the pic!

Anonymous said...

Yes you need to get a col "by me graphic". Thats a great shot and I have never seen  a Watusi.. I am sorry things didn't work out like you had hoped. But as we say... "there is a reason"

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a watusi before. That pic is wonderful. Happy 4th to you, G and your loved ones. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is definitely a cool shot! You couldn't line them all up like that if you tried! My first look, before I read the entry was - "Now there's some 'Photoshopping going on!' ROTFL ---- they were born that way - not made!
Thanks for sharing!

Cathy
http://journals.aol.com/cathyterv/PictureWindow
http://journals.aol.com/cathyterv/TheGardenPath

Anonymous said...

my cow lovin' daughter, Zoƫ, and I think this i so COOL!
Thanks for sharing and welcome back! We missed you!
Laura

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Missed you.
Great photo.
I will work on one of those BY ME tags for your photos for you...
Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~
http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer/

Anonymous said...

Double WOW!  Hey, wasn't the 'Watusi' a song or a dance in the 60s?  Maybe it was mentioned in a song during the 60s.  Anyway, love the pic, very cool looking cattle.  Kinda like a short haired version of Scottish Highland cattle.  They have very long horns too!

Glad you are back!

~Dona

Anonymous said...

Hey Star, you are so wonderful with these animals, I love these horny guys!  :)

Derek
http://journals.aol.com/deveil/CelebrationofMyExhistance/
http://journals.aol.com/deveil/PictureoftheDay/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cattle!  I saw some like this one time when I went on a nature/animal tour.  
I found you through CarnivAOL.  If you want to see my entry it is:
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/930

Krissy

Anonymous said...

watusi ... you're right ... so fun to say!  the pic is fantastic!  looking forward to seeing more.  thanks for sharing thru carnivAOL :)

Anonymous said...

Aahhhh, yes...  This is a nice reminder that special things can be found everywhere.  I'm glad you submitted this to CarnivAOL.
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall