Sunday, November 4, 2007

Hello?... Hello?!?

::cough:: ::cough::

Wow, it's a little dusty in here. Anyone still around?? Hello?!?  ;p

O.K. First the Obligatory Picture (Sorry Pat, it's not an animal this time)


 

Now, with that out of the way, let me take a quick peek at what my last post was..... Eek! It has been a while since I posted anything hasn't it? No real reason why. I would see things, or think about things, or see Photo assignments/Weekend assignments that  I would enjoy doing a post about, but they just never seemed to make it to fruition. It's not that we haven't been doing things this summer, but it just seems like I didn't have enough hours in the day, or at least I couldn't seem to find the energy to post.

I didn't feel like I was more busy than usual, but besides the 10 horses I normally care for, Morgan's Agility classes, the new barn that is being built  for the horses (the owner is out of town and I've been being the go-between for her and the builders), Zoo Tycoon2, several book series that I have recently discovered, and well, just life... I guess I was a little busy. Add to that the fact that I'm the only one taking care of the horses and therefore don't get 'days off' often. Well, I guess I was busier than I thought! LOL!

During the couple of weeks that the lady who owns the horses was home, we managed to visit both my very favorite zoo, and a new zoo I had never been to. Both are about a two hour trip from here, so I don't have the access I was used to when I lived nearby the favorite zoo, but both made a nice day trip.

Wealso found a very dog friendly botanical garden near-by that Morgan really enjoyed. The above 'obligatory picture' is from there. We just found it recently and it is a nice size and beautiful. They have lovely winding paths and are so dog friendly! Morgan got a treat at the desk when we paid admission, a 'doody' bag (just in case we didn't have some--we, being responsible doggy parents, had brought our own also!), and a very friendly petting from the greeter. There were also several bowls with fresh water spaced out on the paths for any thirsty dogs! We had brought some bottled water along for her just in case, but this was a very nice feature and now we know we don't have to do that next time. I'm really looking forward to visiting again this spring when all of the flowers are in bloom. If we were up north I would probably go back and enjoy the fall colors, but we really don't get much of that here.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo!
*** Coy ***

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo!
*** Coy ***

Anonymous said...

So what's your favorite zoo??  (I love the San Diego zoo)

Amazing photo...I just love it.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

ah, Zoo Tycoon 2 - the truth comes out!  Glad you enjoyed your trips - it's been lonely without you ;-)

Anonymous said...

A dog-friendly botanical garden sounds like a great place for taking photos!  Glad you're writing again.  (missed you)

Russ

Anonymous said...

Totally understand not writing. I've been in my own funk recently. I love the thought of a Botanical Garden. Pickles would love it. But then again being a working dog she gets to go anywhere she pleases anyway (winks). (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Ok, I was raised and currently live outside of Plant City and I saw your comment on someone else blog and thought I come over and say HI.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

What an awesome trip!  I have only been to two different zoos:  Kansas City, which works really hard to be awesome, but now requires too much walking between exhibits; and St. Louis zoo, which is awesome and FREE and requires nothing more than a love of animals.  I wish I could see more of them, all over the country.

Anonymous said...

Hey JJ!  Glad you've stopped by your own journal.  LOL!  I knew you were busy doing what we all do ... work, some play and then some more work.  It's tough to keep up sometimes.

As always your photo is just beautiful and I'm glad you felt the need to post and 'obligatory' shot!

Do tell about Morgan's agility classes ... I'm sure it's interesting and fun!