Monday, February 11, 2008

It's that time of year!


Bet you thought I was going to be talking about Valentine's Day, didn't you?!?So sorry to disappoint, but something more important happens this time of year. New York City goes to the Dogs with the 132nd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. It's an annual tradition for us to watch the show and we watched the first half tonight, and will be sitting in front of the TV tomorrow night for the last half and the all important crowning of the champion.

Tonight we watched to see who would win in the Hound, Terrier, Non-Sporting, and (Morgan, our Corgi's favorite) the Herding groups. Tomorrow night we will see who wins in the Sporting, Working and Toy groups. Finally all 7 Champions will be brought together to crown the best of the best. Check it out, you might just see your next doggie there.

 

 

Clicking on the link above takes you to the official site for the show with all kinds of pictures and facts about the dogs. Clicking on the poster will take you to the section of the site were you can buy a copy of the poster for yourself, or a maybe a DVD of the show if you want.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read that there was hope a beagle might finally win this year.  I like that breed a lot even though I've never owned one.

Russ

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a Corgi.  They are so precious.  My friend's used to herd my terrier when we would visit their farm.  Too funny.  Used to drive Maddie nuts.
I want cable so I can watch the show.  They used to put it on PBS but it's too popular now!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Corgies are amazing little dogs. Since you are into horses, as well as Corgies, I boarded at a barn where the trainer had three of them.  Julie, the most assertive and active one, used to run beside the horses when they were on the training jump courses. The trainer used to laugh so hard, and watch how many strides Julie would take in comparison with the horses.

I hope a Corgi wins! I adore them. Love the promo picture for the show. How creative!

Jo
http://frequentlyfeline.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I LOVE watching it!!!  Every year I have a new favorite breed....LOL (although I still love the Yorkies)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

I love watching it.  I love fur babies.  They so enhance our lives, don't they?

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

I used to watch every year.  Now TV time is very limited.  I saw a news story about a beagle that has a good chance of taking his catagory and possibly best in show.  I've never been a fan of Poodles so last year's champ didn't impress me.  I think my favorite catagory is working class dogs.
                                     Smiles,  Leigh