Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hungry Henry

goatmosaicWhen I go out to the barn on Sunday morning to feed the horses, I just never know what I will find! Today it was "Hungry Henry"......

I was so eager to get a picture of this little guy that I did something stupid... which will be an entry for another day. If I start whining tonight I don't know if I'll be able to quit, so I won't. Instead I will offer up a series of pictures of Henry.

How do I know his name? Well, just as I was leaving the owner yelled over and said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you about the goat. He just showed up and we haven't figured where he came from yet, so give him some feed when you feed the horses. Someone will come looking for him soon... Oh, by the way, we're calling him Hungry Henry." I laughed and told him that I had already fed Henry some grain as a bribe to let me take his picture.

After all of the horses had finished eating and I turned them back out into their pasture, Henry happily followed them out and was still hanging out with them when I came back for the evening feed. He's certainly made himself right at home!

Hope you enjoy him as much as I did.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hungry Henry is a looker. Hope his owner finds him though.

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!  I love the way he turns and looks at that camera!  I guess your bribe worked JJ! lol

Can't wait to hear the REAL story behind Hungry Henry! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

Every morning before setting up the Snack Shack, I'd run out to the petting zoo with a pocket full of quarters to buy feed for the goats. They were always my favorite... they were always the happiest to see me!! The trick with multiple goats is to hold one hand of feed up high for the elders and one low for the babies. Otherwise the older goats will push the little ones out of the way. Kids are probably the cutest baby animals I've ever come to play with. So yeah, I adore goats. And Hungry Henry is as cute as ever!

Ari

Anonymous said...

he's so cute :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I think his name should be Handome Henry! What a goodlooking goat! Apparently he's not camera shy either! And I am waiting for you to tell your story about your photo shoot with henry! lol lol

Thanks for thinking about me and sending the hallmark birthday card   Ü

Anonymous said...

Henry is a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Awww he is adorable. I bet he is making a great friend to your horses. We had a horse that became so attached to the barn goat that she would get nuts when they took him out of her sight.

Jo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, well some of it anyway.  I'm hoping the 'something stupid' doesn't involve that rack of Henry's!  Yikes!
Tammy
http://LifeLiveItOrMissOut.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very handsome fellow, that Hungry Henry.  I hope the something stupid wasn't turning your back on him at the wrong time, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

wow, Hungry Henry is a very handsome goat...maybe he should be called Handsome Henry!

Anonymous said...

Who knew a goat could be so cute?  Now for the rest of the story....

Anonymous said...

beautiful goat .........bet that was fun looking after him ....Diane

Anonymous said...

I do, I do! I just hope he didn't eat your camera! ;-) Sassy