Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take pictures of fireworks!

John Scalzi offers up the following for our enjoyment:

Monday Photo Shoot: July 4 Fireworks


This is a no-brainer photo shoot:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take pictures of fireworks!

Don't worry, I don't expect you upload most of these until later tonight or tomorrow, so don't let the fact it's a "Monday photo shoot" discourage you from posting on Tuesday (or Wednesday, or Thursday...)

(Note to people posting fireworks picture for this week's Weekend Assignment -- no fair reposting. I know, I know. But I'm sure you've got other pictures, too.)

First, I have to say that trying to take fireworks pictures with an older digital camera is NO fun! The minor inconvenience of shutter lag is often annoying, but with fireworks.... well, let's just say that I took about 40 pictures and got a couple of o.k. ones, but nothing particularly worthy of posting for this assignment. Sooooo... being the creative person I am (note the tongue in cheek here <g>) I took and cropped from 8 or so pics, put them together in a file, gave the background a black fill and VOILA!

Preview

All the pictures used in the above collage are mine... Got some cool fireworks pics from Monday? Why not play along. Go Here to see how.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

aren't you tricky!

Anonymous said...

Oh awesome, what a cool idea! Great pic!

Ari

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE CLEVER!...COURTENAY  

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats even better than any 'finale' I've ever seen.  Nice piece.

Anonymous said...

Talented and Ingenious!

Anonymous said...

You're a genius. Let me genuflect to your amazingness!

Anonymous said...

oooooohh!!! aaaaaaaahhh!!!!
it's like the sky lit up at the finale.

being the old school girl that I am, I use film and take a whole roll. From the 36 exposures I usually get maybe 3 or 4 and I am happy. It's all good, Walmart doesn't charge me for my rejects. :) This year was better as I used a tripod.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Very cool!  You are very talented with this photo thing!  I'm jealous.

Your buddy,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, that's VERY creative...and too cool...I love the way this looks!

Anonymous said...

pretty! and you got so many at once too...must have been a big show...

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the forework pics,
it's not always so easy to get good ones!
Hope you are having a good week!
           *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain