Saturday, August 20, 2005

Weekend Assignment #73:Your Best Entries

In keeping with the festive spirit of the Second Annual Journal Anniversary Celebrations, John Scalzi over at By the Way offers the following for this week's Weekend Assignment.

Weekend Assignment #73: From your own AOL Journal or AIM Blog, pick your own favorite entry from the last year (from 8/21/04 onward). Link to it in the comment thread below, so we can all see what it was. You can alternately, of course, create a new entry where you link to your favorite entry, but that seems a bit overly complicated. Linking directly to your favorite entry will be fine. If you want to include any thoughts on the entry in your comment, well, that would be great, too.

The entry that I finally chose for this assignment was ironically enough an entry that I made in response to another of John's Weekend Assignments. A Memory of when you were Six.

In looking thru my archives for this assignment I came up with several entries that I rather liked, and it was hard to choose just one. In case you were interested, these were the 'runner's up'

Another entry in response to a John Scalzi Weekend Assignment, this time about What We are Thankful for.

And, This entry let you know my feelings about The Winter Holidays.

I've only been a member of the AOL Journaling Community for about a year, and one of the things I found interesting in looking back over the last year of entries is how my entries have changed. The early ones are text only. Later you have graphics and photos being used, but not very well <g>. As the learning curve is climbed you start to see photos with text wrapped around, things being centered and more attention paid to presentation, and finally the addition of backgrounds and better pictures. It was kind of fun looking back at the 'evolution' of my AOL Journal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only improvement left would be for you to make more entries.

Anonymous said...

Ha!  I am definitly still learning!  I'm the baby on the AOL block!

Now, I must retreat and read your 3 favoarite entries!  :)

Jackie