Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Double Up!

John, our Blog Father, offers up this challenge for this week's Monday Photo Shoot:

As many of you know, yesterday marked the second anniversary of AOL Journals going live, and two celebrate all things two, here's this week's Photo Shoot:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of two of something.
Two of what? I leave that to you. But they have to be two of the same type of thing. Don't just put, like, a cookie and a Hot Wheel in the same picture and say it counts as two things. Two cookies, two Hot Wheels. You know. Double your pleasure and all that.

Well, I figured if two was good, then two times two would be even better <g>..... So, I offer up for your viewing pleasure this picture that I took a couple of weeks ago at our local zoo. This was definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time. Unlike Mr. Scalzi's offering of a little software magic, this picture is completely untouched except for cropping it down to a more manageable size and the addition of a border and drop shadow. 

Preview

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you pose them?...;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful creatures. Great pic!

Ari

Anonymous said...

oh i love the zebras!

Anonymous said...

Aren't they sweet?  Having a little chat time or a siesta?
Traci

Anonymous said...

What?  Did you drop little treats all in a row?  Too cute!  

Anonymous said...

I LOVE zebra . . .  their black and white goes into a braiding of black and white just above their tale, that just amazed me when I saw them at a huge wild animal preserve near Granbury, TX.  First time I realized that a giraffe's tongue is very reptilian . . .  I would love a giraffe outfit . . .  I don't mean all over.  I seriously would like a suit (coat and skirt) in the giraffe motiff.  I love the colors and the way they are combined.  I used to say that at work all the time . . .  could be the reason I'm not there anymore.

Great photo!

Anonymous said...

ZOO????? They look ready for the ring! FANTASTIC SHOT!

Anonymous said...

Hit the subject right on the head LOL
Nice photo, good pattern shot!
Tess

Anonymous said...

Wow, great picture. I use drop shadows a lot too, and found that if you lighten the shadow to a soft gray, it tends to have more impact. Anyhow, that's my 2 cents about the shadow, I hope you didn't mind. But that was definitely a Kodak moment that you caught!
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

That is the perfect picture, its like they lined up just for you to take the picture....incredible!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic of amazing animals. A further proof that there must be a Higher Being...

Anonymous said...

Great pic!!!  I haven't been to the zoo in ages....this pic makes me realize what I've been missing. Thanks for stopping by my journal.
Vivian

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is truly a beautiful photograph!  Nicely done.
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love when you get the perfect picture?  This one is exceptional!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo!  Could be a postcard!

Anonymous said...

I just so happened to stumble upon your blog. I love animals. I will do practically anything for them. Is that picture on your about me section real? If it is I am so jealous! I love tigers. Glad I found your blog. I will make frequent visits. Take Care, Antonette http://journals.aol.com/ernhrtfanalwys3/MySoCalledLife/

Anonymous said...

love how they are almost standing in formation!

great shot!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Shelby loves to pretend she is a zebra. She spends at least an hour a day or so being a zebra.