Sunday, August 14, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot on Tuesday: Unusual Objects

Before anyone says anything.... Yes, I know it's Sunday. Better late than never I say! <LOL>   John Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot looked like it might be fun this week, so even though I'm really late, here it is. If you want to play along, click Here....  

Your Monday Photo Shoot on Tuesday: Unusual Objects
We had a lot of fun with close-ups with last week's photo shoot, and this week instead of getting closer, I thought we'd get... weirder.

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Snap a picture of something odd that you have in your house. And, no, don't take any pictures of your spouse. Really, that's just mean. No, I'm talking some object that when people see it in your house, they stop and say something like "Huh. You don't see that every day."
Now, grab that camera and go looking for the odd and unusual in your own home. Snap that photo, put it in your Journal, Blog or wherever, and come back and leave a link!

Hmmmm, we have lots of strange things we picked up during our travels, but I think this is one of the neater ones. G. and I had a chance to visit the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon while in Mexico. For some reason this statue made mostly of obsidian fascinated G. and he had to have it. Actually, it is a really nice piece which we purchased from a reputable dealer we were put in contact with by the guides that had been hired to take a group of us to the pyramids. It even comes with a certificate of authentication that it is a museum quality piece.

Preview

You can't really tell it here, but it is about 14 inches tall and about 11 inches wide at its widest point. I don't remember off the top of my head what god it represents. Sorry <g>

The Pyramids of the Sun and Moon are located at Teotihuacan, also known as the City of the Gods. I have pictures of us standing at the top of each of the pyramids, along with many pictures of the Avenue of the Dead. It was one of the more interesting side trips that we made.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok - unusual hardly BEGINS to describe that!

Anonymous said...

I must say, you have the most fascinating life!

Anonymous said...

By its profile, I would guess The Toad God...The colors are marvelous...I can see why you would not want to leave him behind...for sure you will not find another one just anywhere! By the way, It is time to sign up or enter your voice in your own journal to celebrate the Second
Aol J-Land Annivoicery
If every one who is participating would leave a link below, it will be the greatest gift in the world....Hearing your voice for the first time reciting your favorite entry.
If you are shy you can just wish the rest of us a Happy Anniversary and leave a link to your journal where we can pick up your personal message...We are looking forward to hearing from you....literally!
http://journals.aol.com/courtenaymphelan/saturdaysix/entries/496
Please try.it is soooooo simple!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome. I love pieces like that. I wish I had more of them in my own home. It looks like a relic, ya know? Pretty cool.

Ari

Anonymous said...

Great artifact. I would love to see the Mayan and Aztec ruins in Mexico. We are planning on going on a cruise early next year and sign up for a day trip to see the ruins once we get there... http://journals.aol.com/dcmeyer420/DearDiary/  

Anonymous said...

Cool!  I would proudly display such a piece!  You certainly have an interesting and full life!

Anonymous said...

By the way... I wish you would do more entries.  I'd love to know the path that took you to the animals (tigers, etc) and the path that led you to where you are now.  I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I would LOVE to hear more...more more more...some day, please?