Sunday, March 13, 2005

Monday Photo Shoot #1: Sunsets

Well, I don't always have time for weekend (or weekday <g>) assignments, but I noticed this in John Scalzi's Journal and thought I would go along... at least for this one!

Monday Photo Shoot #1: Sunsets

Your Monday Photo Shoot #1: Show us a picture of a sunset near you. Again, you can take a fresh picture, or show off a picture from an earlier sunset. Note -- it does have to be a picture you take.

Hmmm... Well, I haven't had time to take a photo of a sunset... but I managed to drag this one out of a box and scan it in! I took this about 3 years ago when we Previewwere playing Washington, D.C. We were headed back to the arena from the yard where they had our train parked and I saw this wonderful sunset. I dug in my bag and found the disposable camera I had in there and took this thru the window of the truck while we were driving... Go figure, G. didn't want to pull over in afternoon traffic and let me get out to take it <LOL>

And, since I was doing this one and had to open the photo editing software to resize it, I thought why not do the Beta one too <g>

Photo Challenge Beta: Out Your Window
Your Photo Challenge: Take a picture out of a window of your house. Describe what you see.  

Well, if the front window shade is open at our house, this is what you see... Two little Previewheinies looking out the window. We are directly across the street from one of the playgrounds in our complex, and also face the parking lot. Since we are very near the front gate there is usually plenty of car and foot traffic out there... at least enough to fascinate these two!! It's one of the times you will see them actually getting along and not antagonizing each other!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cats are so cute.. the other picture is also so pretty! Beautiful.. I don't usually do his weekend assignments and what not either but I think I may participate in his weekend one this time.. might be fun.. :) Hope you have a great weekend! :) Mel

Anonymous said...

Oh and I saw the other entry of you.. and you are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh geezzzz. how could I have been so retarded.. Morgan.. I apologize.. you are a dog.. ha ha ha ha.. I guess I saw that outline next to the other cat and figured oh its a cat.. my bad.. so sorry! lol* Am I forgiven?! :) Mel

Anonymous said...

Morgan (the princess in training) forgives you! <LOL>

Anonymous said...

Love those attentive ears on your hound!  Very cute!!    Russ

Anonymous said...

LOVE both shots! First was reminds us even when life is busy.......beautiful sunsets are still there for the viewing and I love the shot of the "Babies" looking out from their window to the world!

Anonymous said...

Hey!  Great photos.  It's nice that even when we can't take the time to stop and enjoy the roses, we can at the least, see and maybe snap a photo for later remembering.   Just what was the cat and dog looking at? They look extremely interested in something just beyond their reach!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!  Wonderful!  And I'll come back with my entry! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the out the window picture! judi

Anonymous said...

How easily they are entertained!
     *** Coy ***

http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture with the monument in the background...very cool, especially as you were moving at the time!

Also love the picture with them looking out the window...wonder what they're thinking?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR SITE... SO CREATIVE & FULL OF wonder!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & WRITINGS. CHERYL~

http://journals.aol.com/cste609371/writingsshortstoriesbyStewart/