Thursday, March 31, 2005

Monday Photo Shoot #4: A Feathered Friend

Hmmmm... I've been busy lately, and it seems that all I've managed to get into my Journal lately are these Monday Photo Shoots that John Scalzi has started posting. And I can't even seem to do THEM on Monday <LOL>

So, here is this weeks assignment from John:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: On The Wing

It's monday -- and that means it's time for a Monday Photo Shoot! To remind everyone: I hand offer a suggestion for a photograph to share, and then you either go out and take that picture or share a photo with that theme that you already have. Pretty easy stuff. This week:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Get a shot of one of our fine feathered friends (preferably undomesticated).

Well, the shot below (in which G. is participating however unwillingly <eg>) was taken while we were in Mexico City with the Ringling Show in the early summer of 2003. We had a day off and took the opportunity to visit the Zoo. They have a really nice zoo there, and we quite enjoyed our day. While we were walking thru one of the aviaries, one of the birds took a liking to the button on the top of G's hat. He actually did get it off, and we (being the good animal people we are) followed it till we saw it land and drop the button. We then notified the keeper who was in the aviary so he could retrieve it before anyone got a chance to swallow it. Soooo.... here's my photo for the Monday Photo Shoot....

Preview

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  That is precious!  Glad someone was able to retrieve the button for you too!  Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome! what a great story...I'm glad you were able to help retrieve the button.

Anonymous said...

Great picture!

Anonymous said...

Great photo!  Glad you were able to get the button removed so no birds could swallow it. :)

Anonymous said...

Now there's a surprised and delighted face at the same time.  Great photo.  

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, amazing how a photo can jog the memorie of a particular day!
This is a busy time of year ... lucky any of us have time to post!
                               
                        *** Coy ***                  

Anonymous said...

hehehe nice birdie... I don't think it's so awful having your hat taken off by a parrot, as it owuld be to have parrot poop all over the back of the shirt ;)

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture. When I worked at Sunken Gardens we had a bird aviary
that you would walk thru too, one bird in particular would swoop down on unspecting ladies and try to remove their dangling earrings...most people enjoyed having the birds interact, but we finally had to lock him in a cage because we were worried that he would bite someone really bad to get that "precious". Sandi
http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!  I love the expression on G's face!

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture! I still find it amazing the life you guys lead with the Ringling Show. Too fun!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Well, it could be worse ... you could have a monkey on your back.

Anonymous said...

Great pic! I love it. I can't get over G's facial expression in that pic. Very funny!

Anonymous said...

What a great shot!  And G is a good sport, better than I would've been.  All I would have been thinking is, 'I hope this bird doesn't relieve himself on me!'
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love it, those bird aviary's are my favorite's in the zoo.  Too funny we both put pictures from birds on hats in our journals.

Derek

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. We have an open aviary at our Aquarium and these little conures climb all over us.

Anonymous said...

I love your photos. I actually am sitting here with a fresh gentle breeze and feeling like I have been somewhere as I read through your journal.
That photo of G and the bird....fabulous fun!
Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
-Unknown
http://journals.aol.com/paisleyskys/PaisleySkys/