Sunday, March 6, 2005

Obsession

Preview

Every other week on Thursday afternoon, I go to the local feed store and I buy 2 bales of hay for my horse. It didn't use to always be Thursday, but that is what it has worked out to between my schedule and G's as the best day. Mostly this works out well, and Boo loves Thursdays because often he gets 'extra' hay because I give him the 'leftovers' when I sweep out and put the new bales in my tack room.

This last Thursday, which also happens to be payday <g>, G. and I stopped at the bank then headed over to the feed store. They have recently added a new 'pet' section. They have always had a few dog/cat things, but now they have an expanded section and have added some birds/fish/small rodents/small creepy crawlies to the mix. Since I can never resist, I always end up over there checking out what they have. I know I can't have any, but I like to look...

On this particular day, they were unpacking some new inventory. And I spot what you see in the pictures. This is a braided rawhide. It is longer than Morgan. I wasn't sure how she would feel about it as I usually get her the Preview'flavored' rawhide bones, but we looked at it and  I couldn't resist. Now, Morgan has always loved her 'chewies'... but I'm not sure she knows what to make of this one. She was actually a little afraid of it at first <g>. When she would pick it up and try to carry it would drag, or hit her... however, she has persevered and can now jump up on the couch or bed carrying the darn thing!

Anyway, PreviewI thought you all might enjoy a couple of pics of her and her newest obsession.....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO cute- My mom has a chihuahua and i love getting it things bigger than itself and watching him drag them around the house

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!  I love your dog.  Very beautiful.  Shepard or Shepard mix????  Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Can you believe my big beast of a dog refuses to touch anything bigger than the rawhide chips?!  What a baby...  I'll have to show him the pics of your dog..."See?  Other dogs like them!  Be normal, will you?"  ::giggle::
~Amy
http://journals.aol.com/amy122389/SugarSpiceandEverythingNice/

Anonymous said...

Aww! She's so adorable. Isn't it funny how high small dogs can jump? Angel has just learned how to jump on our couches. Before we'd have to recline the recliner half-way to give her a ramp to get up there, but now she can do it on her own. I luff the puppies!

Ari

Anonymous said...

Someone asked what kind of dog... Morgan is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Usually you see them in blonde, but she is the less common Tri-colored.

Anonymous said...

Aww she is so cute.. I think that one is going to last her a little bi tof time! ha ha ha..:) Miss M*

http://journals.aol.com/domesticatedchic/SomethingLikeLifePartDeux/

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! That's some maneuverability, to be able to jump up and down with that thing...what a dog!

Anonymous said...

Be careful!  My vet told me that chewed rawhide can build up in the intestines and cause "distension".  My dogs haven't had any of those things since I got the news.  Cute dog by the way! :-)

Anonymous said...

lol! thats so funny! yet cute!!
~Kandi

Anonymous said...

Cute dog!  Animals make your heart melt, hard to resist spoiling them.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that chewie is huge compared that little dog. LOL it's good to have a few obsessions.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Too cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww!  Morgan looks so adorable with her new chewie!  :-)

I can't resist buying new treats for Riley and Zoey either.  They get so excited.  Riley actually loves to unwrap presents.  If it's someone else's birthday, he still tries to open the presents. Yes, I'm embarrassed to say, but we actually have a birthday party for him every year. :-)

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I can imagine Morgan trying to approach that rawhide and trying to figure if she have to fight it or eat it.

Anonymous said...

How did I ever miss this entry?  Someone must have turned my alert off!  I'm sure glad I checked it out, I love the pictures.