Monday, May 30, 2005

The Penguins are Psychotic.....

Today I finally got to go see the new Star Wars movie... And I have to say... Wow! Revenge of the Sith was great. It tied this set of movies to the 'original' trilogy very well. I'm glad I saw it on the big screen as this is one of those movies that, although it will be enjoyable on DVD, was meant to be seen at the theatre. Some of those scenes just won't seem so magnificent seen on your TV screen at home. Asked afterward what my favorite part was... Well, if I have to pick one, I like the CGI 'lizard' that Obi-Wan rode/fought off of. That thing was sooo cool!  I have to say that over all I liked it all...

But, what does that have to do with the title of this entry you ask?? After going to see Revenge of the Sith at the 12:45pm showing, we still had all afternoon and evening to spend together. Days off together are becoming a rare commodity, so we tried to make the most of it. After the movie we went and did a little shopping, and still found ourselves back at the house at 6:30pm. What to do with the evening? Well, we decided to catch a second movie <g>. The movie we picked was Madagascar... And, we loved it. It was sooo cute. My favorites where Marty, the zebra and.... The Penguins!

PreviewPreview

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!  2 movies in one day?  You're my idol!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!  Thank you!! Thank you!!!  I am NOT the only one who likes to go and see a nice clean "kiddie" movie for a change!!!  Hugs, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the revues! I think Madagascar looks great from the previews, glad to know it's worth it.  I'll wait 'til the crowds die down more for Star Wars "Revenge of the Sith."
Sam

Anonymous said...

2 movies in the same day. WOW.....the second one is more my speed. My kids won't forgive me for selling all of their star wars toys in my first gargage sale. (who knew?)   Anne

Anonymous said...

Seeing 2 good movies in one day, shopping, and enjoying the company of family.  What a great way to spend Memorial Day!
Best,
Judith
http://journals.aol.com/jtuwliens/MirrorMirrorontheWall

Anonymous said...

We took the boys and two of their friends to see Revenge of the Sith.  By far, in my opinion, the best of the six.  I agree they made for a great transition into episode 4.  My husband was quite impressed that Darth Vader's suit was 'exactly' the same.  I loved the Lizard Obi Wan rode, too.  It was incredible.  Well, the entire movie was full of incredible effects and graphics.  I could go on and on, just love it when I can talk sci-fi with someone.  

The boys want to see Madagascar next.  With a review like yours, I'm certain they too will enjoy it.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

You made the most of the day!  I don't care for Star Wars but will be going to Madagascar!

Anonymous said...

I told you this movie was good!! I see you didn't mention how drop dead handsome Anakin looked. So I'll just mention it for you.

That boy so fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

hehe

Ari

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the animation in Madagascar awesome!
I loved it and did an entry on it also.
They said it was the most animated film EVER!
and we thought color was great?

TJ~

Wishing you health, happiness and laughter.
TJ~

http://journals.aol.com/vaultofsecrets/MoonDancer/

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Madagascar yet, but that is on the list...
I'm so glad you got to see Star Wars finally! It's so, so good...

Anonymous said...

It must have been about 20 years ago that I saw more than one movie in a single day!  What are you taking?  Centrum?    ;)
Hugs to you,
Russ

Anonymous said...

We thought it was delightful. My girls loved the "self-proclaimed Lord of the Lemurs"

Anonymous said...

I saw Revenge of the Sith on opening day ... it was AWESOME!! I must say, of all of the prequels, this one was the best.

Kasey

Anonymous said...

I cant WAIT to see Madagascar with the kids!

Anonymous said...

Ok ... you've convinced me ... gotta go see Madagascar!
               *** Coy ***


Anonymous said...

Hey... I have a question.... Where did you get your great movie poster graphics?!  Fantastic.

Love your journal by the way.

Angie
angieabk@aol.com