Monday, May 2, 2005

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Significant Others

Well, It's time for another 'assignment' from John Scalzi over at By the Way

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of your significant other, or show off a picture of your significant other that you particularly like. If you are currently between significant others (hey, it happens), you can use a picture of a former significant other, or a picture of a really good friend, since really good friends, in their way, are just as important as a significant other.

Why this photo assignment? Well, you know. Significant Others are cool.

Wow..... This was a hard one... I have soooo many great pictures of G. But, I was able to hold myself down to just 2 favorites.

First picture has me in it because I'm not good enough with Photoshop to take me out <LOL> PreviewThis picture was taken at one of the 'Opening Parties' for the first tour I was on with the Circus. Although we had been presenting this show to audiences for 3 months, the 'official' opening is always at Madison Square Gardens in New York City. And, after the official opening show (which is not the first show we do in NYC <LOL>) Ringling throws a huge blacktie type dinner for everyone, including all of the help... with an open bar <eg> Gee, don't we clean up good??

 

Preview

This second picture is more 'my' G. It shows him with one of his favorite elephants just having a moment of quiet time. Her name is Minyake and she was the biggest 'girl' on the tour. In this picture she weighs about 11,000 pounds. But, since she stands 9 feet at the shoulder I guess she can get away with weighing that much! It's hard to tell in this picture just how large she is, but just consider that she is dropping her head to smooze with G.....

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures!  Anne

Anonymous said...

Now how cute is G ???  How cute is Minyake???
How cute are you??? Just to cute, all of you!
                 *** Coy ***


Anonymous said...

As always - very interesting pics!  (G looks too serious in the first one though).  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, thats so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow i like the second pictures elephants are cute espcially as kids...and as playful as kittens. he looks like he really loves and trusts that elephants..

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK LIKE SOPHIA LOREN....COURTENAY

Anonymous said...

Awesome Pics!   Just love em!
~Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/auburndawn/DawnsDrivel

Anonymous said...

you both look wonderful!
Laura

Anonymous said...

OOOH! Those are awesome pics!

~Jaime
jaimechase.com

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are VERY cool...

Anonymous said...

I love the elephant photo.  How lucky you are to have had that sort of background.  One of my childhood dreams was to work with the circus.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos....nice pic of yourself and G together.  Oh...the elephant!  Such a beautiful animal.  My mother used to like to take a ride to our local zoo to see the old ladies there who seemed to always be in performance mode when people were standing at the fence.  

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, on the top photo, you are the significant and G is the other. LOL. You guys look great together!

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are beautiful, I LOVE the one with 'g' and Minyake! It's soooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

y'all are gorgeous! yes, even the elephant,LOL  ;-)

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Elephants are by far MY FAVORITE animal! They have facinated me since I was a child.  They are so beautiful!  I really should learn more about them.  Great pics!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

It must be comforting to know that your husband's "other woman" weighs 11,000 lbs:)
Chris
http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of yer man and the elephant connecting.  Awesome!   Russ

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.

Anonymous said...


What a great couple and sounds like you live an EXCITING life, not many people are involved with wildlife to this degree!

Come visit my new journal sometime!

http://journals.aol.com/Ccancu/CEEGEEATLARGE
                                                                   Cyndy

Anonymous said...

Too cool...you two look a lot alike.  People think my husband and I look alike, too.  The affection and trust in the bottom picture is heart warming.

Anonymous said...

I second what Hestia said! Glad to find you. Come see me sometime! ;-) Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE