Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The 131st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

This is one of two dog shows we watch each year with interest. The other of course being the National Dog Show.

The Westminster Show however is special... They say every February that New York City goes to the Dogs! We enjoy the show (both days of it for a total of 6 hours) not just because we love looking at wonderful dogs, but because they hold the show in Madison Square Gardens, which happens to hold a special place in our hearts.

Without further ado.... The winner of this years prestigious Westminster Show is:

James the English Springer Spaniel

also known as Ch Felicity's Diamond Jim

 

To check out all things Westminster, click Here.... To buy either the poster or the DVD pictured here, Click HERE to be taken to the Westminster 'Shop' 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never agree with the judges' decision.  I'm all about the working and hunting breeds.

Russ

Anonymous said...

I would just love to get down and roll with the pooches!  I love them all!  Thanks for the links Astaryth.  I think the poster is pawsatively wonderful!   Anne

Anonymous said...

I watch the show just to see a few of my "favorite" pooches, who never win of course, but I like to watch the show... I wonder why they never show cat shows on tv??  I've been to one of those and I think it would amaze most people at how many breeds there of of cats too...  I love animals period.

(my favs are the Australian Shephard and the Clumber Spaniel...among others lol)

Anonymous said...

I missed the show this year ... but I'm not sure exactly why!  I knew it was on for viewing.  

Glad you enjoyed it though and congrats to the Top Dog!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Russ , especially the working breeds. They tend to overlook these precious dogs. Thanks for putting up the links to check it out!! (hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

HI! Fox is a shepherd mix! We watch the dog show too! Remember the year--1999?--that the Papillion (sp?) won and was such a poser and so happy and proud that she jumped in her winners cup for her photos?! That show warms my heart; all the dogs are such proud showoffs! ;-))) Sassy