Friday, April 27, 2007

Check This Out-- Very High Cool Factor!

Stephen Hawking is one of my favorite people. I love his books, lectures, and most especially his spirit. On Thursday he was given a chance to ride the 'Vomit Comet' and experience Zero G. Check out the stories here and here and also here and here! And, one final link to what he thinks about Humans and Space.

I saw the video of his trip on CNN and the grin on his face said it all. The report stated that the plan was for 6 instances of Zero G, with the possibility of ending it after 1 if Stephen wasn't comfortable..... He negotiated them into adding two  more times for a total of 8 and they said he would have done more!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting read about Stephen Hawking and his daughter writing a book for those school age children who read Harry Potter.   That would include me at 60....Lol!
I'm looking forward to it being published and will watch out for it.  
I have always promised myself I would read his book also.  I must begin reading it soon.  You have given me a little prompt.   Thanks for this interesting entry. Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Oh, watching that video and the grin on his face made me realize that life IS short -- take chances, make advances, try it all!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome man he is! --- even though I couldn't finish A Brief History of Time.  I tried.  I really did.

Hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read about his experience in the newspaper... I'm so glad the man got to do that. Of all people, he certainly deserved the opportunity to free-fall. I told my husband last night that if I had the $3,000 + dollars to do it, I would... I would love to experience zero Gravity. I'd rather do that than jump out of a plane with a parachute. Way to go, Stephen!! Bea

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed watching the video of Hawking enjoying zero gravity.  They replayed it many times and I never got tired of seeing it.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Yup...I admire this guy too...good entry!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I too, saw this on the news...it was very interesting...thanks for sharing...many hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I have his book "The Illustrated A Brief History Of Time".  I love it!  Great that he got to try weightlessness!  I wanna go <flinging self on floor and banging feet and hands>!

Anonymous said...

What an inspiration he is. I am always so overwhelmed when I see him.