Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Assignment #162: Karma Chameleon

Woo Hoo! Look, I'm famous... well sorta... This weeks Weekend Assignment was inspired by ..... ME !

Weekend Assignment #162: Reincarnation is a fact and you are going to come back as some type of animal. What kind would you prefer and why?
Extra Credit: Do you think you have good Karma or bad? Do you believe in Karma?

My first instinct was a house cat! I mean... what a life! AND they don't even have to pretend to like you!?! But, John beat me to that one... Hmmmmmmm....

So....... what animal is beautiful, intelligent, loving, strong and, most importantly, admired?

"The horse is God's gift to man."--Arabian Proverb                            

"And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it and created the horse." ~Bedouin Legend

Both very appropriate quotes since some of my favorite horses are Arabians!

I think I would love to come back as a horse. To race the wind just because and to kick up my heels in pure joy of being alive. To have a pure and forgiving heart. To be strong, yet gentle and curious. 

Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.  ~Author Unknown

As for the extra credit portion of the assignment.... I don't believe in Karma with a capital K.... but I do believe that what you give to the world and how you see the world shapes the things that happen to you. Bad things sometimes happen to good people, but how you face the bad things makes us who we are. And, I do think the world helps the person who helps themselves. I've read lately that reality is created by thought and that you can change your reality by changing how you think... Sounds like karma to me!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, aren't you sounding deep this evening ;-)  hope you had a nice quiet day.  i know it's been a hard one!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd come back as one of those insects that only live for 30 minutes (mayflies?) because how much damage could I do to my karma in half an hour??

Russ

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about coming back as a butterfly or Mayfly as their lives are beautiful but short. That way I would get to evolve qucker.  I agree with your last paragraph completely.  If we are positive we will always see the happier side of life. I believe positivity to be the karma that shapes our happiness..  Negativity holds you back.
Become a possibilitarian....that's my motto.  
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Horses do know how to have fun, don't they?

Anonymous said...

awwww... come back as a horse and make Geoff take care of you!  Sounds like a plan to me lol!!

Anonymous said...

Well said, and what a beautifully graceful horse you would be, too.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love Arabians, too, and I think that would be my choice as well. Except there is something about river otters that seems to match my personality better. I am not sure I could carry off the elegance of an Arabian.

Anonymous said...

I'm with John on this one.  The house cat has it made!  That being said, the hourse is such a magnificent beast and makes an excellent choice for you.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

I used to have dreams about running with horses.  It was such a light free feeling.  I felt superhuman.  So in a sense an animal can have a superhuman quality in comparisons, like size and speed.  I also had a lot of flying dreams.  I would take off and get airborne just like a bird.  At the last moment lifting into the air  What a feeling of elation when I could get off the ground into the air!  Another great transformation from human to bird!  Gerry