Thursday, May 3, 2007

Random Photo... Random Thoughts

Today you get a bunch of random LOL!

O.k... First the Random Photo... and I admit to a little photoshopping here (and yes, I do know that Adobe HATES when you use their product name as a verb... they can just deal with it!). First I isolated the two flowers in the front (and the bug incidentally). I then decreased the color in the rest of the picture. Then I increased the saturation of the selected area slightly. A quick crop with a shape, a decrease in size for web viewing and Viola!  I feel like Steven with my little macro shot.


flower and bug


We have been having a lot of smoke hanging around due to a burn locally. I'm not sure if it was an accidental one or a planned one. For my purposes it all amounts to the same thing. Last night as the sun was going down it was the most vivid red. Unfortunately I was on the way home from Morgan's Agility class and didn't have my camera. By the time I got home it was too late. I'm hoping for a second chance tonight.

Speaking of heavenly bodies, the full moon we are having is called the Full Flower Moon (along with some other names, but I liked that one)... AND there will be a second full moon on the 31st making it a BLUE MOON! Cool, huh!?!

I'm putting this as a link instead of an embedded player for the convenience of my poor readers on dial-up. It takes a little for the download if you are on a slow connection, but I got a real kick out of it. The song AND the singers were so cool.... The Zimmers sing My Generation

I told you this was random... Check out this photo also. Very cute.

I think I'm done now.......



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice "photoshopping" lol..  funny how bugs look nice on plants but not so nice when they jump on you! lol

man that mallard sure had a  s**t load of ducklings! lol

Anonymous said...

I love your picture.  I had a BIG lizard parked on my back steps last night. Scared the heck out of me but Luke, the wonder dog, walked right past it. Wish I had gotten a picture of it.  I just read about the flower moon yesterday and YES, I think we should sing BLUE MOON, at the end of the month.   Anne

Anonymous said...

That video is GREAT!!!!  Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You're a better photoshopper than I!  And that video is terrific!!!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

makes ya wonder just where your head was.....random!

Anonymous said...

we were driving home through Florida and it looked like we were driving through a forest fire...there was so much smoke...the clouds were a strange gray green color from the smoke. I told my husband it was a bad fire and he doubted me (hah. I grew up in the mountains, I know what fire looks like ). Later our mother in law told us there had been a forest fire down there...

Anonymous said...

Umm...the most I can do is hit the "quick fix" button on my photothingy and hope for the best.  
All I can say is, thank the gods for "undo"!  LOL!

Anonymous said...

Cool!  I didn't know we had a blue moon this month!!  They always seem meaningful to me for some reason.

Russ

Anonymous said...

Random is good.
As I watched the full moon hung so low in the sky the other night, I thought about the upcoming full moon and wondered just where will it land?

Anonymous said...

Loved the photo awesome work. Checked out the Mallard and her brood too, all I can say is Wow alot of chicks to look after. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

A happy little green cricket! Looks nice on the yellow flowers too. I've been trying to photograph a few of crickets lately. Not as nice as yours :-)