Saturday, February 5, 2005

Weekend Assignment #46

Well, I had extra time this weekend (and absolutely no inspiration for a Journal entry <g>), so I went over to John's Journal to see what was up with the weekend assignment...

It's Super Bowl Weekend, so naturally, there had to be a Super Bowl Weekend Assignment:

Weekend Assignment #46: Make one new rule to apply to the Super Bowl. This new rule can apply to any aspect of the Super Bowl, from the game to the spectators, to the halftime show, to the commercials. If it's got something to do with the Super Bowl, you can make up a rule about it.

Extra Credit: Your pick for winner of the Super Bowl. Naturally, don't bother doing the extra credit if it's Sunday evening.

And my first thought was: "Super Bowl???"

My Second was: "Oh yeah... I think I saw something about that being this weekend."

My Third was: "Super Bowl... Super Bowl... Oh! That's Football.. Isn't it??"

My Fourth was: "Change something about the Super Bowl Hmmmmm...."

And, this is what I came up with! Since the only thing that interests me about the Super Bowl is the Cool Commercials, my change to the Super Bowl is This: 

I want all of the Cool Commercials grouped together so I can watch them all at one time without suffering thru watching the whole Football Thing <LOL>

Extra Credit: I Choose ... The Eagles... Not because I care if they win or not, but I just like the name and the logo <ROFL>

Graphics from useless graphics and The Eagles Websites

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

rofl- I was thinking just show commercials with short football breaks?? Teehee

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Cut the chase, show all the commercials on the the first half of the frigging program! I am rooting for the Eagles too, mainly because they are supposedly endangered species. LOL. I am football challenged too.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually a football fan HOWEVER I will admit that I really enjoy watching the commercials that they show during the Super Bowl! Why can't they be that cool all year long?????
http://journals.aol.com/thecrazyhays/typicalamericanfamily

Anonymous said...

I love, love your new rule! It's the only part of the Super Bowl I enjoy.....Penny

Anonymous said...

great rule! LOL....Eagles??  No, no, no...go Pats! ;-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

as long as we can SKIP the bud bowl - or maybe run those commercials at a different time?!!  Really, Bud & Bud Light playing football?  What loonatic came up with that idea? Oh, my bad - off on a tangent there.  Great idea to put alll the commercials together, the last 3 years I've missed all the good ones.

Anonymous said...

Go Eagles!  I love football, but once my hometown team is out of it, it's harder to pay attention.  I love the superbowl, too, but the commercials are as fun for me as the game.  Often, the game is so one-sided, it loses me by halftime.  I am pulling for the Eagles because the Pat's are favored....no other reason.  I always root for the underdog.

Anonymous said...

      Woo Hoo ... a girl after my own heart, I say from now on you get to make the rules:-)
                                     *** Coy ***

     

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is a great idea...and maybe also, if they would only show the 'cool' commercials and leave out the ones you never see again!

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of grouping the fun commercials together!  Very cool.  My idea would be for the players to all be naked.  I'm a sick pup.  How'd you do on the pogo badges?  I didn't even bother with the Pinocle challenge -- it looked way too complicated.  Take care, hon!  Russ

Anonymous said...

Finally, a person after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

    I'm back ... I'm not doing this weeks assignment, I'm just going to put a copy of yours in my journal because you've said all that needs saying ... lol
    Really ... I'm putting your entry in my journal, hope you don't mind!
    Have a great rest of the weekend, and oh yeah ... Go Eagles!
                                        *** Coy ***


       
 

Anonymous said...

Sorry New Englander here so I have to root for the Pats.   But then again who cares as long as I get my chili and beer while I'm watching the game.   LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd sit for the commericals if I didn't half to look at a football game to get to0 them. - Karen
http://journals.aol.com/mavarin/MusingsfromMavarin/entries/1528

Anonymous said...

The commercials grouped together would be fun, but we know that men won't let that happen.  Nice idea though.  It'll be the Pats all the way, I have to disagree with you on that.  Be interesting to see who gets that one right.
Tammy