Monday, October 18, 2004

Spooks & Jobs

What do you do for a living?? Normally I work with animals of one type or another. But, since I've been between jobs of my chosen profession (my choice), I decided I needed something to keep me occupied and keep me from getting "Cabin Fever".

So, what do I do for a living? Well, for the month of October I am a Mourner. To be specific, I am a Final Mourner at The Mortuary at Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream . I know a lot of you just went "Cool" and another group "Ewwww"! This has turned out to be a fun, but grueling gig. And, surprisingly, dangerous! One of our first lessons is in how to protect ourselves from the patrons <g>. You wouldn't think that would be necessary, but it is!

Looking for a haunted house in your area? Try  here And if you want the real thing Shadowlands Haunted Places. Happy haunting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how cool is that!  Sounds like an interesting gig!
Oh yeah, welcome to journaling!  I've read many of your messages on the board, and if you don't mind, I'd like to send you a small graphic that goes with your "don't meddle with dragons" quote...one of my favorite sayings.  I'll send it to you via email.

http://journals.aol.com/rantorama/Rant-O-Rama

Anonymous said...

Busch Gardens is neat. I used to be the PR director for Sunken Gardens in the early 90's..loved all the animals & birds too.  I've hand raised a couple of birds and love animals too....(when we had the alligator wrestling that was a bit much)Sandi....