Wednesday, December 8, 2004

Quirkiest News Stories of 2004

This time of the year (and on thru January), we will be seeing a lot of these lists.... Lists of Most Fascinating People, Movies, or News Stories....

This particular list catches my eye every year because the stories are usually along the lines of the "Truth is Stranger Than Fiction"
Quirkiest News of 2004: Flatulent Fish and BeyondPreview
Lots of interesting things here.... Cloned cats, lobsters urinating in each others faces, naked sports & plenty of partying, exscaped snakes vieing with alligators in the Everglades, Alien contact, "living" computers, and farting herrings. Something for eveyone <eg>.

And, tonight on ABC we have the Barbara Walters Special
The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2004
At least according to Barbara.

I don't always agree with the lists, or the people who make them, but they do make you think about the last year. The people, and events, both public and private, that made this year different from any other.... and worth remembering (or not <g>).

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I put as much interest in the Barbara Walter pick as I do in the news of a busboys strike in Botswana!  Paris Hilton?  I vote for the flatulent fish instead!

Anonymous said...

I believe those lists are only a fews opinions.  I typically find I don't agree with most of them.

Anonymous said...

::nodding:: Exactly, I don't always agree with the lists either, but they do make me think about who (or what) I think should have made the list...

Anonymous said...

i dont always agree either...but it always makes my mind whirl about who i think would be good on the list...but the people i think should be generally would never be considered!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny

Anonymous said...

OMGOODNESS- what FUN! Thanks for sharing (and visiting my journal)! ~Sue

Anonymous said...

So who did she pick anyway?

Anonymous said...

Ohmagosh! LMAO! Lobsters peeing in each others faces for sex or domination! Mary Tyler Moore and Rush Limbaugh vying for lobster, she to save, he to eat!
Lobsters moving in with each other!
Thanx for the great link!
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Ha ha...Great link!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!  A good giggle was much needed!!! Jodi

Anonymous said...

Wow! National Geographic seems to jumping in the sensationalistic bandwagon. Thanks for sharing these sites. I bookmarked them. Sensationalism or not, I think my hubby will get a kick reading about the farting herrings.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they actually make a list like this.. lol. TOO FUNNY but well worth the laugh. Thanks.
TTYL
~~Dylett~~
http://journals.aol.com/dcb418/ScatteredThoughts/


Anonymous said...

As much as I love my pets, I'd never want genetic duplicates of any of them.  One of the joys of getting a new animal friend is discovering a new personality that you are now forced to live with.  I suppose it's the same for people who have kids, but I wouldn't know about that  Being a fag has a one or two benefits, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Nice memories to look back on for sure. Lori

Anonymous said...

Cool links.....da kitty in the cup is PRECIOUS!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love the "quirkiest news of 2004... amazing how wild and wacky life can be. Thanks for the link.

http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/737