Thursday, December 2, 2004

Jealousy Rears It's Head

 Well, the cat keeps looking at me like I'm a traitor... The dog got her own entry, and she's wondering where hers is.... Soooooooo.....

Here we go, an entry dedicated to D.K. the little bitc.... I mean Ruler of the house! (she's watching me... gotta say good things<g>)

            Drumroll Please!!!!

Preview

                                                                    Preview

I got D.K. as a very small, not quite 5 week old kitten. Knowing that she wasn't even old enough to be weaned yet (it was an emergency that I took her), I was expecting a small, weak, fragile little kitten. One who, between being given kitten formula and being taught to eat soft food, would love to sit in my lap while I played on the computer, or cuddlewith me while I watched TV ..... I even picked out her name... Pixel... after a cat in one of my favorite books... I was very excited!

What I got was a little hellion. My roommate swears that she never slept for the first 6 months we had her. Pixel, as a name, only lasted about 2 weeks. She quickly became known as Devil Kitty, or D.K. for short. She has calmed down over the 8 years that I've had her, but only in activity. The attitude is still the same. Cuddly? Well, she will allow you to pet her. On her terms. When she decides. For the length of time she decides. Unfortunately you often aren't informed ahead of time when your time is up. Luckily I have good reflexes.

D.K. is pretty smart. She has me trained. The litter box must be cleaned 2x  a day.. she isn't going to use a dirty box! Food must be supplied as soon as I am up and the dog has been out (before would be better,but we finally compromised. Morgan really wants out as soon as we are up <g>). And, if she jumps up on her stool, she is supposed to get treats, don't make her meow for them!

When we got Morgan, I actually wouldn't leave them in the same room together without supervision. Morgan immediately wanted to be friends.... D.K. thought Morgan looked Yummy! Now that they weigh about the same, they play together... When D.K. wants too <LOL>. It is soooo funny to watch them run thru the house. First Morgan chases D.K.... Then they come tearing back the other way with D.K. chasing Morgan. They wrestle, and play fight. When D.K. is thru, she just jumps up somewhere that Morgan can't reach...

Anyway, Here are a few pictures of the Princess.....

This was one of her favorite places on the train... Way up above everyones heads....

Picture from Hometown

PreviewGotta Make sure the toes are clean!!

PreviewAs you can see in this Picture... D.K. and Morgan are almost the same size!

 

Picture from HometownI don't know why, but she loves to lay on her back... I've noticed this in other felines.. I have a bunch of pictures of our Tigers doing this..

PreviewThey will sleep together... but notice the "I'm not moving" face Morgan is making, and D.K. gets the afghan! <LOL>

                                                              Preview

This entry was all in fun... D.K. is a spoiled littlegirl, who we love dearly.... I hope you enjoy her pictures!

<sigh> I suppose thehorse will want HIS own entry next....

graphics by Flaming Text, Animation Station, and Useless Graphics

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Do that...A horse entry, how neigh  t  t'would be!
http://journals.aol.com/watermelaneat/WaterMelaNeatStuff

Anonymous said...

The pics are so cute!  Yes, I agree you must do a horse entry!

Anonymous said...

Dogs and Cats sleeping together!!!!  The world has become a moral vacuum!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she looks so huge in the pic outside with the dog.
                         *** Coy ***

   http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

       

Anonymous said...

OMG, she looks just like a tuxedo cat I had once named Ninny...he was big like her too, not fat, just big...but he had a sweet personality and loved to be held and petted whenever he wanted and he didn't mind strangers like alot of cats.  He also talked to me, had an unique meow.  I do miss him.  The resemblance is uncanny.  Tuxedos are my all time favorite cat!

Anonymous said...

You can see "Princess" written all over her face.  She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love your journal and your critters........ so nice to be here!! judi

Anonymous said...

Just wandered in via a link in my own journal. Great journal! You have tigers!? Wow. I used to work at a zoo in Coal Valley, Illinois. I only worked at the concession stand in the summers of my college years, but I grew to love those animals so much. I miss them. You're so lucky!

Ari