Thursday, September 21, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Color Opposites

John over at By The Way came up with a little different Photo Shoot Challenge for this week:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Color Opposites

This week's photo shoot will be a study in opposites:
Your Monday Photo Shoot: Post a picture that focuses on the contrast between two opposing colors. What colors are opposites? Green and red are opposites, as are blue and yellow, and orange and purple. So a picture that has something purple in front of something orange would work, or a picture that features blue and yellow in alternating stripes. The subject of the pictures could be anything you like -- but there have to be opposing colors in there.

I spent the first 3 days of the week trying to figure out what to use. I finally decided on Black & White. My original concept was a shot of my horse, Boo, and his pasture mate (who happens to be white)... unfortunately I got NO co-operation from the pair of them. LOL! So, instead you get a picture from my archives.

I just love carousel animals and will spend quite a bit of time anytime I find a carousel getting pics of the different figures. This little BLACK & WHITE zebra is one of many exotic animals featured on a local carousel. The hardest part of taking carousel pics?? Finding shots without children in them! Apparently I'm not the only one who likes carousels.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... i love carousels!  Hmmm, probably because it's a ride even old ladies can get on without getting sick lol...

Anonymous said...

very clever!! I like carousels myself; always ride one when we are close to one

betty

Anonymous said...

      Magical - Thanks for sharing! _rRose

Anonymous said...

Yes!  Carousels are great.  Everyone (well, just about everyone) can ride them.  The range of colors and themes are neverending it seems.  

Tammy
http://lifeliveitormissout.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love carosel horses, too...I have a cute picture of Shelby on a zebra I should dig up for you...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!
Great entry for color opposites!
Marie