Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Profiles

This week over at By the Way John offers up the following challenge:

For this week's photo shoot I thought we might try something striking yet simple:
Your Monday Photo Shoot: Get a picture of someone in profile. Could be you, a family member, a friend, a pet -- just as long as we see their face, from the side.

I had several nice 'profiles', but ultimately decided on this little guy...

He is a Great Horned Owl.... for some more info on Great Horned Owls, click here... or go over to National Geographic and check out the great pic they have over there.

Want to play along?? Find a picture, load it up and get over to Scalzi's place and post the link in the comments section.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have the most interesting photos, JJ!  I love this little guy!  He's a keeper!  WooWooo!!!

Hugs,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I love owls, and when I wake up at night hearing them hoot, it is a pleasure.  Great photo.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

betty

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! What a great picture. Such a regal bird.

Jo

Anonymous said...

I have one of those in the woods near my house. I never realized how damn big they were until I saw one flying. Cool shot!

Anonymous said...

How regal is he??? I have had the pleasure of hearing and Owl hoot only 2 times my whole life. It was a few summers ago and I was out late with the girlzzz and when I came home I could hear the owl calling from a big tree across the street from my home. I was so tickled I woke up my kids to come hear it too! Even at 2:00 am in the morning they were just as thrilled as I was to hear it! Great shot!

Anonymous said...

GREAT shot, nice presentation.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

OH he is gorgeous!  I found one of these little guys, a baby, in the road one day and scooped him up in a box and called a friend who works with a wildlife group to come and get him.  He still has him I believe.  Thanks for sharing your awesome "profile".  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments, I really really wouldn't shoot a duck I had one as pet once....love your owl great shot.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Astaryth -- just wanted to let you know that we're linking your entry on the Journals main page ( http://peopleconnection.aol.com/journals/ -- FYI, we didn't use your photo this time around.)

Thanks for participating. -- Joe, Journals Editor
http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/

Anonymous said...

wow....what a fantastic photo!!  i love it!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

Take Care,
Antonette
http://jottingsfromjersey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!  Breathtaking beauty.  

Tammy
http://lifeliveitormissout.blogspot.com