Friday, October 21, 2005

Surprise! Surprise!

Remember when I was explaining that the reason I was getting a new camera was to take pictures of our new arrival coming in November??? Well, babies come when babies come and Little Man decided that he didn't want to wait till November. Maybe he just didn't want to miss out on Trick or Treating!

The official press release is here, once on the site, click on the link that says "Learn more about the Baby Elephant, Click here". That will open up a Word document and give you the official press release. The short story is that Elly wasn't showing signs of labor when they checked her late on Sunday, but upon arrival on Monday morning they had a little surprise! It was a big surprise for G since he was supposedly starting his vacation on Monday. Instead of a relaxing vacation he has been spending anywhere from 12 to 20 hours at the zoo.

The little guy is just adorable. The 'rope' you see in the picture is so the keepers could keep a hold of him while he wandered around. This gave him the freedom to explore at will and still be kept out of any potential trouble. For the first 48 hours of his life someone had a hold of that rope at all times. See, since he was a surprise and early, he was small enough he could just walk right thru the bars that hold the rest of his extended family just fine! The baby proofing was rushed thru and he is now able to roam at will and stay on HIS side of the bars.

Now, let me give you a little logistics problem. Three elephant guys, 24 hours in a day, and there needs to be a minimum of two guys when they deal with Mommy or Baby. These guys are heroes in my book and doing a great job... on power naps <LOL>.......

Without further ado, I give you our newest addition.

Welcome to the World Little Man!

Preview

For the 'official pictures' that were released to the press, click here. More of my pictures are to follow. I have found a new favorite subject!

I actually had several other pictures in mind for this week, but due to our little 'surprise', I haven't had a lot of time. Hopefully I will get them in over the weekend. Just to wet your appetite I'm going to give you two words... Baby... and Meerkat <g> So, stay tuned for more fun and games!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! Little guy! His momma should be given an extra treat. Almost two years is a long time to be pregnant. You gotta hand it to her.

Ari

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love elephants!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a priceless gift!!  I adore elephants.  We had one born here in Cincinnati a few years ago, Ganesh...
love, Kas Ridiman

Anonymous said...

How cute!

betty

Anonymous said...

OMG...awwwwwwwwwwwwww congrats and thanks so much for sharing the great news. You take care! http://journals.aol.com/ernhrtfanalwys3/JottingsFromJersey/

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you posted that!  Life can be pretty cool sometimes, huh?  :D

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! Is his hair soft? I just want to hug him! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, and congrats on being nominated for the VIVI.

Anonymous said...

Nothing cuter in the whole world than a baby elephant.  Congratulations on the nomination!!!  I'm pleased to be seated at your table!

~~ jennifer

Anonymous said...

OH WOW!!!!!! SO COOL!!!!!! My daughter is sitting here saying "awww".......
Congratulations on the nomination.....couldnt be more well deserved!!!!!!

Peace
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Bwaahahah!!  I thought you were talking about a HUMAN baby! lol   I kept thinking, "Why is she referring to her grandbaby as a animal? lol"  Okay... I'm a little slow on the uptake here.. but I finally got it!

Cute "little" guy, for now~!!  :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Such majestic beauty!  I just adore and respect these wonderous creatures :)

Tammy

Anonymous said...

LOL would it be silly to say, although he's a big baby, I'd still want to pinch his cheeks?? He's adorable and amazing~
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Love it!  How wonderful to be surrounded by animal babies at work.  Ideal.  And he's cute too!
Dona   http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Congrats on the nomination!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww .... great photo!
    *** Coy ***