Saturday, November 13, 2004

Going to The Dog Park

  Going to the Dog Park!

Today Morgan, G and I all went to the DOG PARK! We've been before, but always during the week and there hasn't been anyone there but us. So, I was VERY excited because Morgan used to have lots of doggie (and non-doggie) friends on the circus, but since we've come off the road the only playmates (besides G & I, of course) are the cat and my brother's dog when we visit them. So, we set off for the dog park with high hopes of Morgan making lots & lots of friends.

                                                                      Picture from Hometown

Morgan was VERY excited, but I think it was because she thought we would be going to PetSmart <LOL>. She actually looked kind of disappointed when we pulled up into the dog park. But, like I said before, I was hoping for doggy friends. There were a couple of other people there with their dogs, so in we went..... And Morgan didn't want anything to do with them <shaking head>. She would much rather stay with us, or visit with the other dogs' mommies and daddies. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for all of our friends to get in. The Red unit should be here in about 2 weeks, and the Blue will be in Orlando by the end of the 1st week in December.

Here are some pictures of our day though:

PreviewShe made one little friend..Preview

PreviewAnd we learned about tunnels..Preview

It was a fun day. For Christmas, Morgan and I are getting Obedience Classes. She already is pretty good with basic commands, and knows several tricks (she lives in a house with two animal trainers <g>), but I want her to get used to working around the distraction of other dogs and people so we can take the next step.... I want to enroll her in some Agility classes! Fun, Fun, Fun!!

Preview

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute doggie.  glad it was a fun day.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

SHE'S SO CUTE! MY JACK RUSSELL WOULD LOVE HER TO DEATH.

Anonymous said...

Wow!looks warm where you are! Dawg gone good day!

Anonymous said...

It's probably a stupid questiom, but why do YOU need obidience classes?  Are you being trained to leave the mailman alone? ... to jump through a hoop? ... is this a post feminist thing?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time at the dog park...I really do not like taking my dogs to them, but I know a lot of people do. Very nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day at the dog park.  I took my dog to the beach yesterday and let her chase the birds.  I take agility classes with my dog and it is lots of fun, she loves it.  If you'd like to see pics of my dog you can see them here.
http://journals.aol.com/mom23nca/MattersoftheMind/entries/936

Anonymous said...

Omg I'm so jealous! I wish we had a dog park in our area. I bet Morgan will do GREAT in agilty and you'll both love obedience classes, it's such a special way to bond and meet people who love their dogs as much as you. ps. I love the graphics.

Anonymous said...

Awwww....looks like fun. Wish we had a park here in Missouri just for dogs. I have a little Pom and she loves the park...but I think just to bark. She like PetSmart too...I can hardly get her out of there. Cute...she walks down the aisles and "sniffs" all the pig ears, bones and stuff~doing her shoppin! :)
Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/SLS
http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/LovingIt

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad.  My dog Riley doesn't like dog parks either.  He's had a few bad experiences and as a result definitely prefers people over his own kind.  To checkout Riley go to http://journals.aol.com/shedtheshellnow/ShedtheShell/

Anonymous said...

Pet training classes for a gift.. you know that is a GREAT idea! My hubby keeps asking me what I want.. and I really do not NEED anything. Training classes would be fun for our Tilly the wonder dog and me.
Great journal entry. I love the graphics!
:) Loretta
Life with Lupus
Finding a Voice
Loretta's Studio

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!  Your dog is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics!!

There is a dog park up where I work, but, as both of my dogs are deaf, I'm apprehensive about bringing them up there ... just afraid of them getting loose.

Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Hi, First of all Thank You for your comment on my new journal. It was very exciting to see that someone was reading it. I'm encouraged to keep going. I haven't learned about graphics yet but am excited to learn how to do them on my journal. I loved your pic and reading about your dog and the trip to the park. I know you had a wonderful time from reading and looking at your pic. It also gives me an idea to make an area at my ranch for play things for my animals like in this park you visited. It's really something to watch all my animals come and hang around my log cabin when I'm there no matter where they are on the ranch when I arrive. It seems like one tells another and before long they are all arriving in groups. I call it my animal parade. Have a great day. Judy Pearl

Anonymous said...

Nice Journal. I think of myself as having eclectic interests. My wife calls them "wild hairs". Thanks for visiting my Journal.
Blessings,
Mark

Anonymous said...

Awww ... those short little leggs, what a cutie.
                *** Coy ***

Anonymous said...

I came by to look at Morgan. What a cutie! I so wanted a bandana like that for Angel... with a tiny bomber jacket and sunglasses, but my hub thought that was too boyish for her. Aw well.  What kind of puppy is Morgan ? She's so cute!

Ari