Sunday, November 28, 2004

Lovey-Dovey Sappy Type Entry

    PreviewI know that it is a little late for a Thanksgiving entry, but I've been really busy <g>. Also, there should be a disclaimer and a warning here. Before you go any further I must warn you that this is going to be one of those sappy, awwwwww shucks, lovey-dovey kind of entries. Anyone who might suffer an allergic reaction to an overly sweet, lovey-dovey type entry better turn back now!!

Over the last week, when I've been fortunate enough to get on line for a few minutes, I've divided my time between email, checking the bulletin board, and reading the journals I have on alert. Just a sidenote about alerts: I have too many of them, and I keep finding more journals to add <sigh>.

I've read many entries both on the bulletin boards, and in journals, about the many things people are thankful for. And, I have to agree with most of them. I too am grateful for family, and health, and friends, and the opportunity to cook a whole lot of food and then feed it to those same family and friends <g>. I am grateful to live in a country where I can do and say pretty much whatever I want, and I'm eternaly thankful to the men and women who couldn't be home to share Thanksgiving with their families because they are busy serving in the Armed Forces.

But, I found what I am most thankful for in my e-mail on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I had taken a quick break in the pre-Thanksgiving preparations, and I took a moment to pop on line, and this is what I found waiting for me buried in the Alerts, spam, and general e-mail of the day.

Subj: I love you. 

Date: 11/24/2004 9:01:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

From: GeoffAPettigrew

To: Astaryth

Good moring sunshine. Just wanted to say I love you.Thanks for you and everything you do for me   Geoff

G. had managed to get online at work long enough to send me this e-mail. I asked him later (after hugs and kisses, of course) why he didn't just call me. He replied that he was afraid that I might have been still asleep, or doing something I didn't want to be interupted at.

I know it is a little thing, but it made my day. And, just in case you are curious, I saved the e-mail...

                      Preview

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...that's so adorable.  I love hearing stories like this...

Anonymous said...

That was awesome ... very touching.

Best Wishes~
Laura Sue
http://journals.aol.com/yogiyoyoyoyou/IWillAlwaysLoveHim/

Anonymous said...

That is sweet...lucky that you both have each other...

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but that's a kinda sweet thing!

Anonymous said...

Awww ... how sweet is he?  I would have saved the E-MAil too.
                      *** Coy ***


http://journals.aol.com/coy1234787/Dancingintherain

Anonymous said...

How Sweet he takes the time to let you know he thinks of you! He must be a very lucky man to feel the desire to say so! & not want to wake you up from a possible nap to do it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

so sweet....sounds like a keeper to me :-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I love the little things in life and that is just the kind of little thing that makes the most amazing differences!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful when people reach out to us just because they care!  What a warm, uplifting post.  Thanks for sharing.  And G sounds like such a thoughtful, sweet guy! :-)

Best to you, Eileen

Anonymous said...

Thats sooooo sweet!  The last note I got from my husband (it was actually an IM was 'Hey babe, can you get me another drink?'  He was in the den, I was in the-room-formerly-known-as-my-computer-room... and the bar... believe it or not... was in the den not 5 feet from where he was working!  Good thing I made him the drink without too much fuss because later that night he gave me tickets for the Trans Siberian Orchestra!

Anonymous said...

It's those little things that mean SO MUCH!  It's a nice feeling when our loved ones take the time to do sweet things like that!
http://journals.aol.com/jcole16757/My2Cents/

Anonymous said...

Collecting journals does get to be overwhelming, doesn't it?  I followed you here from my friend's journal (toonguy).  I keep wandering around J-land finding "just one more".  I'm hopeless.  http://journals.aol.com/mosie1944/MYCOUNTRYLIFE

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like a halmark rendition ...but its the little things that count...love is a very precious blessing that is rare and definitely a lost art...lol.. it feels good to be someone's someone..
                                     -Jazz
http://journals.aol.com/desoulsheartbeat/MyJourneyHome/